There are negative stereotypes associated with introverts, but when you embrace the hidden powers of introversion, you will accelerate your success in a massive way.
Introverts actually have distinct advantages and when they join forces the game changes completely. Keep reading and I will show you how.
At our last Mastermind group meeting we somehow started talking about the differences between extroverts and introverts. It was an emotional discussion (which is normal) and I realized that most of us identified ourselves as introverts.
Why do so many successful entrepreneurs and solopreneurs identify as introverts?
I started reading and researching the qualities of introverts to determine why our Mastermind group had so many. My mind was blown. In a nutshell people who reside closer to the introvert side of the spectrum absolutely thrive in Mastermind groups for 8 exciting reasons:
8 Reasons Introverts Should Join Mastermind Groups
- We enjoy thought provoking conversations. Small talk doesn’t appeal to introverts as much as deep conversations that lead to something fascinating that leads to progress. We prefer stories and opinions over mindless chit chat.
- We thrive in comfortable environments. At first a Mastermind group can be a little intimidating, but once members realize they are in a safe supportive environment they really open up and really get things done. We quickly develop close friendships. One member, David Bardwick says he feels closer with Mastermind members after a few months than he did after 20 years in his local Rotary Club.
- We are better listeners. Introverts have a natural ability to observe and process information before giving advice. This is especially important during brainstorming sessions where we are all focused on helping a member breakthrough a specific problem or issue.
- We are better at solving difficult problems. Introverts are better at seeing the big picture and observing from different angles. We have imagination which allows us to see the future, predict and make more thoughtful decisions.
- We speak to provide value. One of the reasons our members have had such big successes is because we all have the mindset to empower and build each other up in an honest and authentic way. This is not “Rah Rah” cheerleading, but more brutal honesty or tough love. Introverts speak not to be heard, but to provide insight.
- We provide answers not excuses. Shallow excuses have no place in our Mastermind group. When someone is stuck or has a real issue it’s time to go deep and get to the root of the problem. Blaming gets you nowhere. Introverts tend to ask good questions that go deep and get real answers to real problems.
- We are more independent. Extroverts gain energy by socializing and feel drained without constant interaction so they have somewhat of a co-dependence on others to feel good. Introverts gain energy in solitude which gives them more freedom and independence when building a business. When a room full of independent thinkers get together once per week amazing things can and do happen.
- We are loyal friends. I mentioned before how quickly close friendships form within our Mastermind group. This comes from a sense of trust. We know that what is discussed is private and confidential. Introverts may take a little while to warm, but once the relationship is formed they become very loyal trusted friends. Friends supporting friends creates and environment where everyone can excel and thrive in business and in life.